Acne Peels for Face and Body
The Acne Peel solutions used at SKIN MediSpa are the most technically researched, results-oriented formulations available today and contain a unique blend of acids to improve a variety of skin concerns and to reduce oil plugs that cause blackheads. SKIN’s Acne Peels contain specialized ingredients formulated to eliminate acne breakouts and contain ingredients such as:
- Benzoyl Peroxide: removes bacteria, clears the pores and increases cell turnover;
- Salicylic Acid: increases cell turnover, opens clogged pores, neutralizes bacteria, constricts pores
- Vitamin C: removes toxins
- Kojic Acid: brightens the skin and reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Glycolic Acid: stimulates exfoliation and cell regeneration
- Reduced acne breakouts
- Stimulation of collagen production for firmer, more youthful skin
- Improvement in tone and clarity of skin
- Reduction or elimination of acne scarring and discolouration
- Improvement in pigmentation abnormalities, hyperpigmentation, melasma, brown spots and photodamage
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Can be customized for the treatment of each specific condition
- May be performed on various skin types
Prior to Treatment
You will be scheduled for a complimentary consultation with a SKIN specialist who will review previous and current skin care, perform a detailed skin analysis, and discuss general health history before recommending a customized treatment program.
Two weeks prior to your treatment you must discontinue waxing, electrolysis, laser hair removal, depilatory creams, sun exposure, and the use of aggressive chemicals such as Alpha Hydroxy or Beta Hydroxy Acids. Notify your SKIN provider immediately if you are put on any new type of medication or oral supplement or if you experience any change to your health, as it may cause increased sensitivity to your peel treatment.
During your peel treatment a skin-specific peel solution is applied to the skin. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation on their skin while the solution is being applied. You will leave the clinic with the peel still applied to the skin and after a specified amount of time you will wash the peel off of your skin. Avoid strenuous exercise for 2 to 3 days after your peel as perspiration may irritate the skin.
The skin may look and feel like a mild windburn for the 2 to 3 days prior to peeling. Within 48 hours, slight flaking may occur, which can easily be controlled with a light non-comedogenic moisturizer. Avoid pulling or peeling the shedding skin and use a gentle cleanser when washing your face. In the week following your treatment limit sun exposure, use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater, and do not have any other facial treatment. After a week, the skin should be visually clearer and smoother and the use of normal skin care products can resume. You may resume the regular use of retinols, AHA products, Vitamin C or bleaching creams only after the peeling process is complete.
Patients can expect improvement in the overall tone and texture of their skin. The number of treatments needed varies depending on the condition of the skin and the desired outcome, and will be discussed during consultation. Contraindications
SKIN’s Anti-Aging Peels would not be administered to patients with sunburned, broken, infected or irritated skin, open wounds, active cold sores, herpes simplex, warts, or suspicious lesions.
Peels will also not be administered to females who are pregnant or nursing; patients with hypersensitivity to Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid or Resorcinol; patients with recent sun exposure, or patients who have used Accutane within the last 6 months.