SKIN’s Melasma Treatment Program
Melasma is a chronic skin condition which causes areas of brown to grey pigmentation on the face. When present in pregnant women, it is known as chloasma or “pregnancy mask”. Melasma is most commonly seen on the cheeks, forehead, upper lip, nose and chin, and often times in symmetrical patterns. Melasma can affect both men and women, but is more commonly found in women and individuals with darker, tanned skin, living in environments with increased sun exposure. The exact cause of melasma is unknown but there are several factors that contribute to it such as sun exposure, pregnancy, changes in hormones, and occasionally some cosmetics. While there is no cure for melasma, SKIN MediSpa’s Melasma Treatment Program contains many treatments that can help to improve its appearance.
A SKIN specialist will review previous and current skin care, perform a detailed skin analysis, and discuss general health history before recommending a customized treatment program which will include one or more of the following options:
- Prescription Medications are advised in consultation following a thorough medical history and examination. Specially formulated creams with hydroquinone and retinoic acid may be prescribed.
- Medical Grade Products are customized daily regimens for home care of your skin to maximize treatment results and maintain healthy skin.
- IPL Intense Pulsed Light (Radio Frequency) treatment incorporates intense pulse light and radio frequency energies to reduce melasma.
- Epidermal Peels contain a unique blend of lactic acid, kojic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, enzymes and other nutrients. These powerful yet non-damaging peels, can take years off aging skin by sloughing off the upper lay of the epidermis over the course of several days.
- Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM), also called Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP, is derived from your own blood and can be used to improve the appearance of melasma by stimulating fresh cell growth and collagen production.
With SKIN MediSpa’s Melasma Treatment Program, clients will notice improvement in the pigmentation of their skin and significant lightening of the treated areas.
As individual programs will vary from client to client, the associated cost will vary as well. However, a quote will be provided during the initial assessment process.