Feeling alone in the struggle against acne?
Over 60 million North Americans suffer from acne and many have a hard time finding a treatment that works. The battle with acne can begin early in life and often continue into adulthood, causing emotional distress and often reducing self-confidence in both work and social situations. There are solutions available today that will help you start believing in your own beautiful skin!
What causes acne?
Acne results from the obstruction and inflammation of the sebaceous glands. As the secretory ducts of the sebaceous glands grow due to age or hormonal changes, sebaceous plugs, bacterial overgrowth, and acne lesions can appear.
What can we do?
The first step to clear skin is a complimentary one-on-one consultation with our medical aesthetic staff, who will recommend a custom treatment program based on your medical history and needs. Our programs address acne using the most comprehensive range of medical prescriptions, products, services and treatments available to treat both active acne and acne scarring. Your customized treatment plan will include one or more of the following clinically proven options:
- Medical Grade Products are customized daily regimens for home care of your skin to maximize treatment results and maintain healthy skin.
- Extractions are the process of clearing oil, dirt and bacteria from clogged or congested pores. Extractions can be performed on its own as a means of clearing the skin, or to help purify and prepare the skin for additional acne treatments.
- Isolaz Acne Treatment is powered by a breakthrough technology that combines a vacuum and painless broadband light to deep cleanse, kill bacteria and purify your pores from the inside out.
- Blu-U® Photodynamic Therapy is combined with a prescription strength topical formulation that offers dramatic improvement in active acne conditions. This treatment program offers a non-invasive and pain-free treatment for moderate acne. The equipment used emits safe, cool, visible, blue light to provide an effective solution for the treatment of acne.
- Acne Peels are the most technically researched, results-oriented formulations available today and contain a unique blend of acids to improve acne and reduce oil plugs that cause blackheads.
- Silkpeel with Clarity Solution features Dermalinfusion™ , the non-invasive exfoliation and delivery of skin-specific solutions, leaving patients with fresher-feeling and healthier-looking skin. The clarifying solution combines Salicylic Acid and Aloe to help clear and soothe acne prone skin types.
- Hydrafusion Oxygen Facial combines our most rejuvenating technologies to purify pores and stimulate oxygenation and circulation within the skin. This unique treatment deeply exfoliates the skin , removes blackheads, kills acne bacteria and draws oxygen to the skin’s surface, resulting in a radiant, healthy glow!
- Medical Microdermabrasion involves abrasion using either salt crystals or “diamond tip” hand pieces to remove dead cells, clear pores and produce a healthy, radiant complexion.
- Fractional Resurfacing is the most advanced fractional radio-frequency treatment providing anti-aging improvements on skin tone and texture for a more radiant appearance through ablation and skin resurfacing.
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatments uses optimized light technology for the superior clearance of vascular and pigmented lesions. Treatments improve all indications of reds and browns present in the treated area, including post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone.
Benefits associated with SKIN’s Acne Treatment program:
• Clear active acne and wake up to clear skin
• Prevent future breakouts
• Eliminate red or brown spots caused by past acne papules
• Improve or eliminate acne scarring
• Stop hiding behind heavy foundations and concealer
• Save money on drugstore products that don’t work
• Face your peers with confidence
SKIN’s Lip Enhancement Program
As a principle feature of our face, our lips are always on display. SKIN MediSpa’s Lip Enhancement Program can help to improve the appearance of your lips by adding volume to thin or disproportionate lips, giving your lips definition, and softening the contours of your mouth.
Injectable Fillers: SKIN MediSpa offers various types of injectable fillers and methods of injection to ensure you achieve the look you desire!
- Enhance Volume: Address thin or disproportionate lips. Filler is injected into both the body and border of the lip, plumping your lips to the perfect pout.
- Define the Border: Address an undefined lip border. Filler is injected along the vermillion border of the lip, outlining the natural curve of your smile.
- Soften Contours: Address the signs of aging and dehydration. Filler is injected directly into visible lip lines, leaving your lips looking naturally youthful and restored.
Lip Flip: Neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport can be used to create the appearance of fuller lips. By relaxing the muscles in the middle of your upper lip and corners of your mouth, your upper lip “flips” upward and outward, giving the appearance of larger, fuller lips.
Due to the safe materials used in the Injectable Fillers at SKIN MediSpa, no pre-testing of any kind is required. The injectable products remain soft and take on the characteristics of the surrounding tissue.
During your lip enhancement procedure a mild localized anesthetic can be used to minimize or eliminate discomfort. The numbing effects will wear off anywhere from 15 minutes to as long as a couple of hours depending on the anesthetic used.
Following Your Lip Enhancement Procedure:
Lip injections results in minor swelling as a result of the expansion of the lip tissue. This normally resolves within 24 hours but has been reported to last as long as 48 hours for some. Most individuals resume normal activities only a few hours following treatment. Application of ice intermittently for a short period after the treatment can help to reduce swelling. You should avoid activities that will strain your facial features, such as using a straw or chewing gum, for 48 hours following treatment. The results of lip enhancement are immediate and long lasting. The duration of the result is dependent on the type of injectable filler chosen, but most clients find lip enhancement procedures last anywhere from 6 to 9 months.
As the amount of volume required will vary from client to client, the associated cost will vary as well. However, a quote will be provided during the initial assessment process.