Icon™ Non-Ablative Fractional Resurfacing
SKIN’s Icon Fractional Non-Ablative fractional resurfacing laser is a non-ablative Erbium laser that is FDA cleared for the treatment of surgical scars, acne scars and stretch marks. The laser features two Microlenses to facilitate customized treatments and to stimulate maximum collagen production by penetrating the deeper layers of the skin more effectively than the ProFractional laser and previous technologies.
Benefits of Non-Ablative Fractional Resurfacing
- Improves the appearance of surgical scars, acne scarring and stretch marks
- Improves textural irregularities and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats face and body
- Treats deeper parts of the skin without removing the skin’s top layer
- Fewer side effects and less recovery time than ablative skin resurfacing
Features of Icon™ Non-Ablative Fractional Resurfacing
- Skintel Melanin Reader: Skintel™ is able to determine the average melanin density of the skin. By understanding how much melanin is in the skin, we are able to select treatment settings to obtain the best results possible, while minimizing the risk of over-treatment.
- Advanced Contact CoolingTM: Cooling maintains temperature at 5° Celsius during treatments for enhanced comfort and skin protection during your treatment.
- XFTM Microlens: provides increased surface coverage to facilitate a high-speed, single pass treatment.
- XDTM Microlens: allows for a greater depth of penetration in order to effectively reach difficult to treat scars and stretch marks.
- Prior to Treatment
Prior to your Non-Ablative Fractional Resurfacing treatment you will be scheduled for a complimentary consultation with a SKIN specialist who will review previous and current skin care, perform a detailed skin analysis, and discuss general health history before recommending a customized treatment program.
Prior to treatment a topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area to maximize your comfort.
SKIN’s Icon™ Non-Ablative Fractional laser skin resurfacing delivers light to the skin through high precision micro-beams that penetrate deep into the dermis of the skin to create micro-injuries. This stimulates the skin’s natural healing response in order to repair damage such as scarring and stretch marks. Less invasive than Ablative Fractional Skin Resurfacing, individuals report minimal downtime following SKIN’s Icon™ Non-Ablative Fraction Skin Resurfacing treatments.
Mild redness and swelling is common for 2-3 days following treatment.
Patients can expect to see continued improved skin tone and texture. In order to achieve maximum results, it is recommended that individuals pursue a minimum of 3 to 5 treatments spaced several weeks apart. When treating stretch marks, a minimum of 5 to 6 treatments may be recommended in order to optimize improvements.