SKIN Scar Treatment Program
Scars can be caused by cuts, burns, bites, accidents, surgery, and acne. Various types of scars, including keloid, hypertrophic, atrophic (depressed) scars, red and white scars must be treated according to their unique characteristics. SKIN MediSpa offers a comprehensive scar treatment program to address scarring of all types.
Your recommended treatment path toward the improvement of your scars will include one or more of the following clinically proven options:
- Medical Grade Products are customized daily regimens for home care of your skin to maximize treatment results and maintain healthy skin.
- Medical Microdermabrasion involves mild abrasion using either salt crystals or diamond tip hand pieces to smooth out the skin surface. A series of treatments will diminish the appearance of mild scarring but will not improve deeper scars.
- Acne Peels contain a unique blend of acids, enzymes and other nutrients to eliminate acne breakouts, improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin, and reduce or eliminate acne scars.
- Vascular Laser can greatly reduce redness and flatten scars quickly and easily. The procedure takes 15 to 20 minutes and you can immediately return to regular activity.
- IPL Intense Pulsed Light /Radio Frequency Treatment incorporates intense pulse light and radio frequency energies to reduce the redness found in newer scars. These energies also stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Fractional Resurfacing can treat both old and new scars. Heat and energy are delivered beneath the surface of the scar, stimulating the body’s natural healing response and maximizing collagen production. These treatments work to produce new healthy skin cells that repair, plump and mend the appearance of each scar.
- Injectable Fillers provide a way of treating scarring that has left depressions in the skin. This type of treatment is often an effective way of treating scarring left from acne.
Most scars can be dramatically improved but the degree of the improvement is dependent on the characteristics of the scar and treatment methods chosen. Some of the benefits individuals can expect to see include an improvement in texture as well as a reduction in the red and brown pigmentation of scars.