We Have Reopened: You’ll Notice Some Changes
We are happy to announce that the provincial government and the Ministry of Health have approved the gradual reopening of practices for regulated health care professionals. After significant consideration and preparation, we are able to safely reopen our doors to our medical aesthetic patients.
SKIN MediSpa, as part of the Northern Ontario Surgical Centre, has always followed strict sanitary procedures and protocols to provide a safe and caring environment for our patients. We have now implemented additional precautions to address Covid specific social distancing and protective measures. With 4000 sq. ft. of space, three separate entrances/exits and a layout that accommodates a unidirectional patient flow, we are fortunate that our physical space supports our ability to ensure our patients continue to receive their treatments and procedures in a safe and protected environment.
While our new protocols may seem to diminish our usual cozy, spa atmosphere, we are working hard to ensure that physical distance and protective gear doesn’t impede our ability to continue providing the warm, friendly and professional service that has become a hallmark of the SKIN MediSpa experience. Here are some of the new measures and protocols you will notice when you return to our clinic:
- Virtual consultations and follow-ups using HIPPA compliant, secure medical meeting software (unless in-person assessment is necessary). These virtual consultations allow you to discuss all your aesthetic needs from the comfort and convenience of your home and will provide you with options and a detailed plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.
- Touchless hand sanitizer at all entrances and exits
- Questionnaire regarding travel and symptoms prior to entrance
- No companions allowed to accompany patients
- Prepayment of most services prior to appointment. Products purchased at the time of the appointment may be purchased using credit card or interact prior to leaving the facility.
- Consent forms sent to you by e-mail prior to appointment that can be digitally signed and returned via email
- Post treatment care sheets sent by email for your convenience and future reference.
- All staff wearing shields and/or masks
- All patients wearing masks (please wear your own face mask or covering and have it on when you enter the foyer)
- All staff and patients will be temperature screened at the entrance to facility using a touchless temperature reader.
- All surfaces sanitized before and after each patient treatment
- Staggered appointment and/or entry times
- Additional time between appointments
- To ensure physical distancing we may have you wait in your vehicle and contact you by cell phone when your service provider is ready to take you into your prepared treatment room.
- We will not be allowed to accept walk in appointments until social distancing restrictions have been lifted. Ongoing access to our extensive offering of medical grade skin care is available through our online shop, by calling a Client Coordinator for shipping or curbside pick-up, or by making an appointment to discuss your home care product options with one of our skin care experts.
Appointment requests by phone and email are higher than usual at this time. We are doing our best to efficiently reschedule missed appointments as well as meet new appointment needs. Thank you in advance for your patience.
We are excited to see you all very soon!
The SKIN MediSpa Team