Hypotrichosis is a condition that is characterized by an inadequate amount of eyelashes. Causes of eyelash hypotrichosis include heredity, aging, chemotherapy or other medical treatments, and physical trauma. Many individuals find that shortening, thinning, and lightening of their eyelashes also occurs as they age. Latisse® is the first and only FDA-approved prescription treatment to create longer, thicker and darker lashes!
• Grow thicker, fuller and longer eyelashes
• Easy to use
• Enhance your eyes
Latisse® is a prescription eyelash product approved by both Health Canada and the FDA to grow fuller, darker and thicker natural eyelashes in as little as 8 weeks with daily use.
Prior to Use
Latisse® has been approved by both FDA and Health Canada which means that it has been thoroughly tested to ensure its safety and efficacy. Because Latisse® is a prescription medication; you will require a brief consultation with one of SKIN MediSpa’s trained providers prior to purchasing Latisse®. Your medical history and an eye health evaluation will be conducted to determine if Latisse™ is right for you.
Instructions for Use
• Each night, remove makeup, ensure your skin is clean, and contact lenses are removed.
• Remove a sterile applicator from its tray. Hold the applicator horizontally and place a SINGLE drop of Latisse® onto the tip of the applicator.
• Swipe the applicator carefully across the skin directly above the eyelashes, moving from the inner corner to the outer corner, similar to how you would use eyeliner.
• Blot any excess solution from beyond the eyelid margin.
• Dispose of the applicator after one use. Repeat the same steps for the other eye using a NEW applicator. Never use the same applicator twice.
Results can typically be seen after 8 weeks of daily application, with full effects being visible in 12 to 16 weeks. Clinical studies have shown that after 16 weeks, patients using Latisse® experience 25% increase in eyelash length, 18% increase in eyelash darkness and 106% increase in eyelash fullness. Results may vary in patients depending on their adherence to their Latisse® regimen. If you discontinue using Latisse® your eyelashes will gradually return to the length they were prior to using Latisse®.
Latisse® is very well tolerated by most patients. However, approximately 4% of patients may experience eye irritation, eye dryness, darkening of the skin on the eyelid where Latisse® is applied, iris pigmentation, or redness of the eyelids. Hair growth may also occur in other areas of your skin with which Latisse® frequently comes into contact. During your consultation any conditions that may affect your ability to use Latisse® will be discussed.