Fractional Ablative Laser Skin Resurfacing
SKIN’s Fractional Ablative Laser represents a whole new level of fractional skin resurfacing. More powerful and effective than ProFractional laser resurfacing, the Fractional Ablative Laser treats fine lines, deep wrinkles, skin lesions, as well as surgical and acne scars. The laser works by delivering microfractional columns of laser light to the surface of the skin. SKIN’s Fractional Ablative laser is capable of producing similar results to that of Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing (CO2 Resurfacing), but eliminates much of the downtime.
- Improves textural irregularities
- Improves the appearance of surgical scars
- Improves the appearance of acne scarring
- Improves textural irregularities and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats face, neck, chest, hands, and areas with scars
Features of SKIN’s Fractional Ablative Laser
- Skintel Melanin Reader: Skintel™ is able to determine the average melanin density of the skin. By understanding how much melanin is in the skin, we are able to select treatment settings to obtain the best results possible, while minimizing the risk of over-treatment.
- Advanced Contact Cooling™: Cooling maintains temperature at 5° Celsius during treatments for enhanced comfort and skin protection during your treatment.
Prior to Treatment
Prior to treatment you will be scheduled for a complimentary consultation with a SKIN specialist who will review previous and current skin care, perform a detailed skin analysis, and discuss general health history before recommending a customized treatment program.
Prior to treatment a topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area to maximize your comfort. Local anesthetic may also be used, based on the patient’s needs.
During treatment, the hand piece delivers radio frequency energy to the skin in the treatment area by creating thousands of microscopic injuries to the surface of the skin. These microscopic areas of injuries are surrounded by untreated skin, which stimulate a healing response. The gentle heat generated in the sub-dermal tissue stimulates collagen restructuring, resulting in skin rejuvenation and a dramatic improvement in the appearance of the skin.
The laser beam is delivered in parallel lines and multiple passes are made at 45 degree angles to create a uniform pattern over the skin. This pattern facilitates better results, quicker recover time, and increased safety.
Following treatment, most individuals report an average downtime of less than one week, during which time the skin will appear to be red and swollen and tiny scabs may appear on the skin in the treated areas. In most cases, only one treatment is required to create significant results.
Some results can be seen immediately, but typical results are seen two weeks after treatment and continue up to three months after treatment. Patients can expect to see an improvement in the tone and texture of the skin in the treated area. The number of treatments will be determined during your consultation and would be based on individual desires and skin characteristics.